Are you looking for that competitive edge this show season?
The light your horse is exposed to is one of the most important factors in influencing their body function. The science behind the blue light masks by Equilume is based on the genealogy of horses, and the benefits have been scientifically proven.
- Maintain a sleek summer coat – By artificially extending the daylight your horse is exposed to you = prolonging the summer coat.
- Or can stimulate early shedding of a winter coat. By manipulating the hormone melatonin by
exposure to light.
- Eliminate the need for clipping – Saving you time and money
- Improves the topline
- Maintains muscle mass (no additional fat is stored, with the increases
- Stabilises the metabolism.
- Maintain hoof growth – which naturally slows down with metabolism in winter.
- Equilume Light Masks are Mobile – When you are travelling to shows
with your horse you can’t take your stable lighting with you. With an Equilume Mobile Light Mask they are mobile. Guaranteeing your horses exposure to light is consistent.Can be used indoor or outdoors. If used outdoors you would save on stable bedding and maintenance by allowing your horse to roam the paddock naturally.
It is important to note that before the 21st January is only an approximate guide on when to fit your horse with an Equilume light mask. After extensive studies, the individual response from each horse and other environmental factors may impact your results. Temperature is a key factor in maximizing the results, so correct rugging is important. It is also important to allow your horse to reset its body clock naturally by giving them a break from artificial light for around 6-8 weeks.
There are 3 different models – The most popular for show horses is the Cashel, it comes with a rechargable battery and a cup life of 18 months.
The Equilume Cashel light mask has a rechargeable cup, ideal for horses with limited turnout and/or poorly lit stables. Fully adjustable headpiece with velcro fastenings, machine washable. Plastic polymer cup with intergrated LED and electronics on right eye.
- Battery Type: Re-chargeable
- Charging Interval:7 days
- Active hours per day:15
- Light sensor function: No
- Lifespan:18 months per cup
The Equilume Curragh Model allows replacement of the cup when the battery has expired. Ideal for breeding purposes, simply detach the expired cup and reattach new cup for the following season.
- Battery Type:Replaceable
- Active hours per day:7
- Program:4pm – 11pm
- Light sensor function*Yes
- Lifespan:4 months per cup