GEOHEX -Erosion Control Tile (2 pieces per sqm)
In stock (can be backordered)
Buy Geohex online through a reputable Geohex Supplier
Geohex Is a Unique permeable ground stabilisation paver. Widely accepted throughout industries such as Government, Civil, Landscaping, Golf Courses, agriculture & Equestrian. It has a multitude of uses, most commonly being used as an alternative to concrete.
Please note this price is per square metre (2 Pieces) for under 85sqm (1 pallet). The pricing for bulk quantities is on a sliding scale, please contact us to discuss further. Also, a good idea to contact us directly Re: Freight
- Dimensions: 1000 x 500 x 42mm
- Weight: 2.3kg per piece
- Made from high impact polypropylene
- 99.7% Water permeable
- Maximum load bearing capacity 1200t/sqm
- Australian Owned and Manufactured
- Can be filled with a 0.5mm (crusher dust) aggregate up to a 25mm aggregate
- Max 30 degree slope installation
What is Geohex- Erosion Control System?
Geohex is a unique ground stablisation paver manufactured in Australia. The plastic matting or plastic paver is an environmentally friendly alternative to concrete. It has found a multitude of applications from preventing erosion underneath livestock troughs, stablising turf, or gravel on driveways.
Geohex is accepted through a broad range of industries including Civil, landscaping, Construction, Government, Agriculture and Equestrian. Providing a safer environment, with reduced water run off, erosion. It was tested in the University of Newcastle to have a load bearing of over 1200sm / tonne.
What is Geohex made from?
Geohex is manufactured in Australia via an injection mould process using 100% recycled high impact co-polymer polypropylene.
What are some of the benefits of the Geohex ground stabilising plastic paver?
- Australian Owned and Made from Recycled Material
- Permanent solution to erosion control
- DIY installation
- Alternative to concrete
- 99.7% Water Permeable, encouraging water to absorb into the ground
- Prevents as more run off, localised flooding in comparison to concrete
- Reduced waste water running into rivers and drains, more environmentally friendly
- Can be used in any high impact area to prevent erosion
- Capable of taking a maximum load of 1200t /sqm
Examples of where has Geohex been used?
- Geohex has been used to resurface Driveways. Geohex is great for preventing erosion on your driveway and driveway rutting.
- Geohex has been installed around stock water troughs, as an alternative to concrete. Which only transfers the problem. Geohex provides a DIY permanent solution.
- Geohex is regularly installed Pathways around houses, parks and gardens. Geohex makes walking on pebbles easier, it prevents them from sliding under your feet. It also makes pushing prams, wheelchairs, pulling bins ets much easier
- Geohex is regularly used for Parking lots (Council, Sports fields), either with grass grown through it or with an aggregate depending on the finish the client is after.
- Fire trails
- Equestrian Arenas. If you live in an area that gets plenty of rain. Geohex makes an ideal sub layer for your arena.
- In Cattle Races- Unlike concrete Geohex will not wear down and go slippery.
- Mine Haul Roads - Geohex originally designed for the mine haul roads is capable of withstanding weights of up to 1200t/m2 (when installed correctly).
- Golf Courses - Great for paths that golf carts travel on regularly that suffer erosion as a consequence. Geohex prevents the erosion, and maintains the high standard of the golf course. Saving both time and money.
- Chook Sheds
- Cattle Feed Lots
- Pig Farms
- Underneath residential turf to prevent boats and caravans getting bogged
- Landscaping for example around fire pits, sculptures
- Gateways - Permanent solution to preventing a muddy gateway
Here is a Basic Guide to installing Geohex;
It is important to remember that preparation is the key when installing Geohex. The installation of Geohex is only as strong as the sub grade you prepare to install it on.
Step 1: Skim vegetation, preferably to sub grade
Step 2: Establish consistent ground level, compact it
Step 3: Use thin layer of roadbase/crusher dust
Step 4: Lay Geohex with male fitting to the outside
Step 5: Fill the plastic paver with an aggregate of 0.5-20mm (for your choice of finish), and compact it again
Note: for heavier usage more comprehensive installation is required.
Support Australian Manufacturing - buy Geohex
|Dimensions||0.4200 × 50.0000 × 100.0000 cm|